📰 3 ARTICLES
- This Vanity Fair piece considers the dramatic shift that Apple’s Vision Pro brings to the table in the AR/VR space with its never before seen capabilities.
- The technology is astoundingly immersive, doing everything from streamlining work to taking users to the moon. But will the product become just another way for us to be even more linked to our devices?
- “I can see a day when we all can’t imagine living without an augmented reality. When we’re enveloped more and more by technology, to the point that we crave these glasses like a drug, like we crave our iPhones today but with more desire for the dopamine hit this resolution of AR can deliver.”
- The rise of AI, and its potential to solve complex problems, is coinciding with one of the largest issues facing humanity’s history—a rapidly progressing climate crisis.
- AI has the potential to assist with challenges that climate change poses by making green products better, creating accessible information, and helping ideate on issues that need creative solutions.
- "The problems we’re being asked to solve are changing.Two of those shifts are in GenAI, and our rapidly changing climate. Together, these two forces are moving both the people’s side of the equation—what we need and how we behave—and the how side of design: what’s possible."
- Our world is becoming increasingly more reliant on digital practices for things from everyday tasks like paying your parking meter, to more important responsibilities like identity verification. But how are we considering the accessibility of these practices for vulnerable groups?
- Groups such as the elderly, those with disabilities, and individuals with financial or physical barriers to the internet need to be considered as we move towards a more mandatory approach to online engagement, in order to ensure that no one is left behind.
- “Bridging the digital divide requires a multifaceted approach. We need to address the practical barriers to access, while also examining the broader cultural and societal factors that contribute to the divide.”
💜 PORTFOLIO INSPIRATION
Erin Campbell, a UX Academy graduate, brings her background in psychology to the UX/UI table, using her passion for creating empathic and human-centered solutions to her design work. Her portfolio is varied, using playful typography and color choices to bring a fun energy to a pet-focused app, while also designing a responsive site with a very different feel for an ophthalmology office.
Got a portfolio you love that you’d like to share with our audience? Email your suggestions to email@example.com.
- Adobe Halts XD Permanently
- Are We Obsessed With This Typeface?
- Top 10 Figma plug-ins for UX
- Satirical Posters Offer Societal Commentary
“The alternative to good design is bad design. There is no such thing as no design.” - Adam Judge
🧪 FROM THE LAB
Upcoming community events
We have a selection of free design events open to all interested in participating.
Upcoming next week:
- Feb. 12: Quick and Easy Storyboard Images Using Visual Electric
- Feb. 15: Enterprise UX: Making a Difference from the Inside
- Feb. 19: Using AI Tools to Artfully Upscale Imagery
You can also find the full event calendar for future offerings on our registration page.
Launch Your New Career in 2024 \
The March cohort of Foundations launches on March 4th, now with all-new AI content. Learn how to leverage AI tools as you gain foundational design skills. You’ll also receive 1:1 mentorship and a $500 tuition credit towards our career-switching bootcamp, UX Academy.
Reserve your seat now and only pay when the cohort launches.
Earn $ In 2024 Telling People About Designlab
Know a friend or colleague who would benefit from Designlab’s courses and programs? Have a social media channel or blog related to design?
If you said ‘yes’ to either question, sharing Designlab with your network is now more rewarding than ever! Earn for each new student you send our way.