📰 3 ARTICLES
- The health app paradox is that sometimes apps meant to improve our health can actually do more harm than other apps. However, recent advancements in emotional AI may help to solve this paradox.
- One of the greatest challenges to tracking stress indicators to date has been a lack of accessible (and effective) monitoring equipment. However, three wearable devices are opening doors for designers to gather meaningful data when testing new features with users.
- “AI has the capability to sensitively respond to changes in our emotional state, including monitoring stress levels during interactions with various applications. This opens the door to a more empathetic and user-centered approach to health and well-being.”
- In the age of distributed workforces, creating collaborative magic can feel like a tough feat. A new study highlights three forces shaping the future of work…and what sets the best teams apart from the chaos.
- The three key challenges faced by today’s distributed teams aren’t anything new, with 60% of survey participants reporting a lack of alignment, difficulty making decisions, and longer development cycles.
- “So, what separates the synergy from the shambles? Turns out, a heavy dose of transparency, a shared understanding, and a little bit of intentional connection.”
- Ux Magazine catalogs some of the biggest strategic misses in business—from misaligned culture to ignoring trends— and provides case studies from big-name companies like Kodak, Sears, and Blackberry.
- Our favorite strategic snare? The “short-term trap” whereby an organization prioritizes short term gain over long-term strategic advantage. Case study: Blockbuster video.
- “The holistic approach to strategy is more than just a buzzword — it’s a necessity. Embracing change, constantly re-evaluating positions, and ensuring clarity of vision are fundamental in sidestepping these pitfalls. But more than anything, businesses must remember that the landscape is ever-shifting, and what works today might be tomorrow’s Achilles heel.”
💜 PORTFOLIO INSPIRATION
In addition to presenting a selection of clean, well-designed case studies, UX Academy graduate Dinalyn Degano takes time to highlight her rich professional background. The result: a well-rounded, experienced portfolio that’s ready to impress.
Got a portfolio you love that you’d like to share with our audience? Email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERESTING STUFF ...
- Why are US websites so aggressive?
- Whatever happened to Nokia’s Pure AI? (A mystery)
- Meet the nonprofit training formerly incarcerated people for careers in UX design
- And the most Innovative Design Company award goes to…
“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
FROM THE LAB
DESIGN BETTER, WITH DATA
In Designlab's new advanced course, Data-Driven Design, experienced UX and product designers will have the opportunity to build proficiency in their ability to collect and use product data to design more effectively and be a better business partner to stakeholders. The next cohort starts October 1st, but act fast—there are limited seats available.
"The Data-Driven Design course has sharpened my abilities to leverage data insights, implement user feedback, and make informed design decisions, elevating my design process to new heights. 📊💡" — Boryana, Data-Driven Design student
TELL PEOPLE ABOUT DESIGNLAB. EARN CASH.
Know a friend or colleague who would benefit from Designlab’s courses and programs? Have a social media channel or blog related to design? If you said ‘yes’ to either question, you should know that we’ve just overhauled our affiliate program, which means sharing Designlab with your network is now more rewarding than ever! Earn for each new student you send our way.
JUST STARTING YOUR UX JOURNEY?
Enrollment is open for the October cohort of our introductory design course, UX Academy Foundations. Gain foundational design skills with 1:1 mentorship and a $500 tuition credit towards our award-winning bootcamp, UX Academy.
Join us for a live webinar to learn more about how our learning path can support your ambitious career-switching goals.