3 Design Articles
- Stress has become a familiar by-product of digital design. With every new site or app we interact with, we’re inundated with cookie banners, pop ups, notifications, and location tracking requests. Most of these are in the service of company or marketing and sales goals, rather than for the sake of the end user.
- From “send later” options to displaying positive, non-urgent UX copy, many companies are already abandoning stress-filled sales tactics in favor of user-centric ones that promote healthy, non-addictive behaviors.
- “The benefits [of calm design] for our mental health is a calming, soothing experience that doesn’t trigger episodes, overwhelm, frustration, stress, shame, anxiety or a distrustful society.”
- The latest research estimates that there are over 15 billion AI-generated images. To put that number into perspective, it took photographers 150 years to create the same number of photos (from the advent of photography until 1975).
- Since the launch of DALLE-2 in April 2022, an estimated average of 34 million AI images have been created each day.
- The robots still have some catching up to do though to reach the 1.5 trillion images uploaded to Facebook.
- 3 different designers share how they find design inspiration by stepping away from the screen—and paying attention to the physical world around them.
- Whether you’re observing architecture or conversing with team members, gaining inspiration from non-traditional sources can help you step outside the box and think bigger with your designs.
- “Taking what I observe from the world around me makes me a better designer for the users that share these experiences and interact with similar elements in their daily lives.”
Portfolio Inspiration 💜
Yuji Karuhaka, a UX Academy graduate, utilizes a classy and professional styled portfolio. The one-page layout on the homepage makes it easy to see his visual work and skill highlights.
Interesting Stuff ...
- What Airbnb’s product management changes say about the future of UX research
- Optimizing spaces for the deaf community
- Rising design trends to pay attention to
- The latest from Figma…
From the Lab:
UPCOMING WEBINAR: DATA-DRIVEN DESIGN
Join us this Wednesday, August 23 @ 12pm EDT for an inside look at how our Data-Driven Design course can help you transform your work and open doors for your design career. In this short, 30-min session we’ll take a look at the topics that are covered in the course, what projects you’ll work on, and close with a Q&A (so bring your questions!)