3 DESIGN ARTICLES
- A literal overnight success, Threads grew to over 100 million users in just 6 days. One of the keys: constant UX/UI iteration and testing on the live product.
- From font sizes to icons, the Threads interface is being optimized live in front of its own users.
- "It’s been widely criticized that you need an Instagram account to use Threads…but I think it’s been a fantastic growth strategy."
- Award-winning designer and multi-disciplinary maker Tobias van Schneider makes the case that one of the most important activities a designer can participate in is doing customer support.
- Customer support, van Schneider argues, is not only the most natural form of user research, but also helps designers learn how to talk about and explain their product decisions.
- Controversial take: user research is often “an isolated and unnatural forum with a forced objective – leading to isolated and unnatural results.”
- AI has shown tremendous promise in improving website accessibility by analyzing and adapting website content to suit individual needs.
- AI tools in this genre range from automated transcription that supports hearing impaired users to automated code analysis to help developers craft more accessible platforms.
- What does this look like in real life? Microsoft’s free Seeing AI app turns the “real world” into an audible experience.
PORTFOLIO INSPIRATION 💜
Paulina Preciado, an Art Director (and UX Academy graduate), puts her design and work philosophy front and center on her portfolio, followed by an attractive selection of case studies. She positions her versatility as a strength that lends depth to her product design skillset.